Today is October 13, and it is a ‘No Bra’ day. Women are expected to ditch their underwears and spread the word on social media. Health experts expect that this would encourage more women to check their boobs.
Statistics show that one in eight women develop breast cancer at some point in their lives, and as such early detection is important. While 90% of breast lumps are not cancerous, it is important to visit a doctor to get properly checked if you notice any changes or abnormality.
Here are eight signs of breast cancer you should never ignore:
1. Lump or thickening in your breast or armpit
2. Change to the skin of your breast
3. Changes in the shape or size of your breast
4. Dimpling of the skin or thickening in the breast tissue
5. A nipple that’s turned in (inverted)
6. A rash (like eczema) on the nipple
7. Nipple changes or discharge
8. Pain in your breast
You can post your stories and pictures to Twitter using the hashtag #NoBraDay.
For more information, visit the Cancer Research website.