9 things in Tech you need to know today.
- President Donald Trump’s campaign manager has called Google “a threat to the Republic” after a leaked video emerged showing company executives lamenting Trump’s 2016 victory. Republicans are of the view that, the video is indicative of bias in Google’s search result.
- During its annual event in Cupertino, Apple announced its biggest iPhone to date. The $1,100 iPhone XS Max.
- Apple unveiled an updated version of the Apple Watch with new features.
- Tesla’s vice president of worldwide finance and operations is the latest senior staffer to leave the company.
- Tinder Launched its curated ‘Top Picks’ feature worldwide. The feature which was only available to paying subscribers on Tinder Gold is now available worldwide.
- Instacart brings on Mark Schaaf as Chief Technology Officer.
- Google gets more RCS messaging support from Samsung. Google has secured a bit more buy-in from Samsung for a next-generation messaging standard it’s long been promoting.
- Google has made it official: Inbox by Gmail, the company’s experimental email client for Gmail, will shut down at the end of March 2019.
- Instagram launches a new pop-up within the app that offers to connect people with information about free and confidential treatment options, as well as information about substance use, prevention, and recovery.